February 17, 2014

「ありのままで」"Let It Go" Japanese dub English translation (+ romaji)

yo raise your hand if you can still stand listening to anything from Frozen! ...guys?? you're not... you're not raising your hands? just me? okay


降り始めた雪は 足跡消して
真っ白な世界に一人の私
風が心にささやくの
このままじゃだめなんだと

furihajimeta yuki wa ashiato keshite
masshiro na sekai ni hitori no watashi
kaze ga kokoro ni sasayaku no
kono mama ja, dame nanda to

The snow that began to fall erases (my) footprints
I am all alone in a pure-white world
The wind whispers to my heart
I can't be like this anymore


戸惑い傷つき
誰にも打ち明けずに
悩んでたそれももう
やめよう

tomadoi, kizutsuki
dare ni mo uchiakezu ni
nayandeta sore mo mou
yameyou

I've lost my bearings, I'm hurt
I shouldn't open my heart to anyone
I was so troubled, but that, too
I shall stop!



ありのままの 姿見せるのよ
ありのままの 自分になるの
何も恐くない
風よ吹け
少しも寒くないわ

ari no mama no sugata miseru no yo
ari no mama no jibun ni naru no
nani mo kowakunai
kaze yo fuke
sukoshi mo samukunai wa

I will show you who I truly look like*
I will become who I truly am
I am afraid of nothing!
Blow, wind!
It's not even a little bit cold



悩んでたことが嘘みたいね
だってもう自由よ
何でも出来る

nayandeta koto ga uso mitai ne
datte mou jiyuu yo
nandemo dekiru

The things I worried about seem like lies, don't they?
But anyways, I'm free now
I can do anything!


どこまでやれるか
自分を試したいの
そうよ変わるのよ 私

doko made yareru ka
jibun wo tameshitai no
sou yo kawaru no yo watashi

Until where can I do all this?
I want to test myself
That's right, I'm changing



ありのままで 空へ風に乗って
ありのままで 飛び出してみるよ
二度と涙は 流さないわ

ari no mama de sora he kaze ni notte
ari no mama de tobidashite miru yo
nido to namida wa nagasanai wa

Truly, as it is, I will ride the wind in the sky
Truly, as it is, I will try to fly away
I will not shed any tears a second time



冷たく大地を包み込み
高く舞い上がる思い出描いて
花咲く氷の結晶のように
輝いていたい
もう決めたの

tsumetaku taichi wo tsutsumikomi
tataku maiagaru omoide kaite
hanasaku koori no keshou no you ni
kagayaiteitai
mou kimeta no

I wrap up the freezing cold earth
and draw the memories that are soaring tall
and like the crystallization of a blooming icicle,
I want to shine bright!
I have already decided!



これでいいの
自分を好きになって
これでいいの
自分を信じて

kore de ii no
jibun wo suki ni natte
kore de ii no
jibun wo shinjite

This is fine**
I will love myself***
This is fine
Believe in yourself!


光浴びながら
歩き出そう
少しも寒くないわ

hikari abinagara
aruki dasou
sukoshi mo samukunai wa

As I'm being bathed in light,
I shall walk!
It's not even a little bit cold







translation notes:

* the title of the song "ari no mama", is a phrase I am not familiar with! but apparently it loosely translates to "the truth is" "as it is" or "frankly/to be truthful", so i tried to translate it to the best of my ability in English.

** or more literally "(I'm) good with this", "I'm fine with this", "this is good/sufficient" etc etc

*** "jibun wo suki ni natte" and "jibun wo shinjite" literally mean "love yourself" and "believe in yourself", but in this context Elsa is kind of trying to tell herself that, so I translated it to make a little more sense context-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment